Council Tax discount accessible to all Ukrainian guests

Counsil tax

Dear all, we would like to ensure that you are all aware of the 50% Council Tax discount accessible to all Ukrainian guests upon their transition to privately rented residences.

If you move out of sponsored accommodation into privately rented property or a home of your own, you will become liable for paying Council Tax. If you, and everyone else in your household, received a visa through the Homes for Ukraine scheme, you will need to pay 50% of the overall Council Tax bill.

This is a set amount for the financial year which runs from April to March, and you can pay this monthly. Council Tax is a tax which goes to your local authority for local services such as care, social services, police and local facilities.

I’ll also add that all documents can be sent to this address –

You need to send the following documents:

  • All family passports
  • All BRP families
  • Rent contrac
  • Utility bill with proof of your address
  • Birth certificates of children
  • Screenshot of payments for UNIVERSAL credit.

They may ask for some more evidence. Depending on what documents you sent.

Copyright © For Ukraine - All Rights Reserved.